Thursday, July 9, 2009

Getting Started

Oh goodness! It appears I have seconded a blog. I mean, made a second blog. Secondated... I like the sound of secondated. as in, whilst blogging, I secondated onto blogger.com so Emma could read it because she's too lazy to make a xanga. : P

Anyways... This one is going to be a less crappy one than my last blog, as in, it will be awesomely intelligent all the time, not just when I write 4 page long responses to Desolation Angels. What the... There's no underline button? This is madness! But... yeah. My old xanga will still be posted on, this will be more for trying to make it look like I have half a brain. For example:

The other day I was in the Eiffel Tower (this is true) and while I was walking, a disturbing thought caused me to stop dead in my tracks. In the book Crabwalk the main character (whose name I forgot) says his mother was pregnant with him when she was ten. Ten!? And he also brings up that it would have been "impossible to say for sure" who the father was. She--but she was ten! A pregnant ten year old!? A whoring-around nine-year-old!? What sort of man (men) would even go for that!? Good lord.

No, I don't know why that thought hit me whilst perusing the Tower. It just kind of realized itself. Gunter Grass... Gunter Grass! What the hell, man? And for those of you going "Ang, you read that like a month ago... two months..." Please, that book was like sleepwalking and a delayd time bomb's lovechild. I mean that, while sleepwalking (ie, reading it) you're kind of there, sort of getting everything, and for that time you get it, even if the reactions are delayed (it took me about five pages before the shooting scene kicked in) but as soon as you wake up (ie, finish it) it's almost completely eradicated, until something triggers the memory. And delayed time-bomb because things in the book didn't have an impact until, like I said, five pages later, or in this case, a month and a half later.

Soooooo. More later tonight. HI EMMA!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Angela! Glad you finally came around, though I'm disappointed that I'll only get to read your "intelligent" thoughts. No more "Cloverfield" dreams? Damn. Anyway, I don' think PAUL's mother, TULLA, was 10 when she was pregnant. She was young but definitely older than that, I think probably 15-18 years old. Unless you can provide proof (yeah, that is a challenge). Also, I think the ending of "Crabwalk is one of the best I have ever read (i think we've talked about this). And where does the blog name come from? I already know where the url comes from =D OOH! I'm gonna become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, my Cloverfield dream was awesomely horrifying.

    But I'm pretty sure she was, cause at one point he starts a sentence like "My mother, ten years my senior..."

    And yes, I did like the ending! (Do you save all my texts or something? haha.) I was just commenting on the fact that it's so dreamy.... like you're there, but it still feels like it's a world away.

    And the name's a song I liked by Modest Mouse

    Haha. Yayyy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a good memory and my phone saves all my texts received. And you're right it is dreamy but i still don't think she's ten. That'd be ridiculous! I just remember that part where he's talking about that pile of bones and his mother was all "OOH! Look at da pile o' bones!" It was so random!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Yes, so do I! His mom was strange...

    But I'm pretty sure he does say that... and I know that's ridiculous! That's why it stopped me dead in my tracks.

    ReplyDelete