Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"A gramme is better than a damn!"

HI ROBBY D 'SUP. I WAS KIDDING ABOUT THE SURVIVOR THING I WASN'T TRYING TO BE MEAN. BFFS? (Told you I'd do it, Emma!)

So what I was planning on doing was taking advantage of my price-wavered application to Fordham (like I'd ever get in) but it is scary! So instead, I'm blogging and watching the 'Jerusalem' music video (by Matisyahu). And maybe rapping along. Hey. I'm good at it! Also this music video is awesome. (And so is Matisyahu!)

Finally--enjoy the hypnopaedic quotes I found from Brave New World:
"Everyone belongs to everyone else."
"Ending is better than mending."
"The more stitches, the less riches."
"A gramme is better than a damn." (This will forever haunt me in math and science classes. Forever.)
"One cubic centimetre cures ten gloomy sentiments."
"Everybody's happy now"/"Everybody's happy nowadays"
"Everyone works for everyone else."
"Even Epsilons are useful."
"Never put off till to-morrow the fun you can have today."
"When the individual feels, the community reels."
"Progress is lovely."
"Cleanliness is next to fordliness." (Okay, so this one wasn't one of the hypnopaedic slogans, but I think it's pretty hilarious.)
"Civilization is sterilization."
"A doctor a day keeps the jim-jams away." (I think that one is my favorite. It always makes me giggle a little.)
"A gramme in time saves nine."
"Was and will make me ill."
"Ford helps those who help themselves."

Haha, I didn't even mean to mention--oh, those hilarious parallels. Anyway, I decided to give them their own little bit. Because they rhyme. Man, all laws and advice should be in rhyming. I could get behind it. "I plead the second/it's reckoned/the right/tonight/to bear arms/in yardarms". Okay, it's not a perfect science, but they'd have official law-poeming guys.

11 comments:

  1. You amaze me, Ang. In every way. I must declare you the winner of our little Robby D Shout-Out bet, even though we didn't bet anything (except our PRIDE!!!). Oh, wait! What's this? Don't have my hat on?! TAKE BACKS!! Winner.

    Also, I think you should be a lawyer. And rhyme in court. And lose...all the time. But I'd come to see your cases everyday.

    Actually, I'm pretty sure you just endorsed Jesse Jackson. He loves to rhyme!! HE'S A RHYMIN' FOOL! Just thought I'd put that out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! Well, next time we can bet our... PREJUDICE! Ohohoho.

    Dude, I wouldn't lose. Rhymes are awesome, and Aldous Huxley certainly agrees. If a whole fictional society can be based upon it, I don't see why a whole legal system can't accept and favor it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the exact same thing when i wrote that!! Freaky. I knew you'd bring P&P into this...somehow!

    True. Rhyming is awesome. So awesome, it should be illegal. *does that thing on imaginary drums that people do when they make a lame joke*

    Uhm...*goes and stands in corner*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I certainly do try.

    Rhyming is neat/to do on the street/always on your feet/like Jonathan Keats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Skills. Don't know how that mad sick rhyme would prevent someone from being incarcerated, though. Just putting that out there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT. Don't challenge me.

    Don't aquit/you'll be a nit/and you never even ever really understood it. It's not his fault/he had a malt/plus, it was self-defense/so you shouldn't be on the fence.

    NOT GUILTY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHA! That was awesome! Alright, no jury could deny you a Not Guilty decision. Unless you're the prosecution...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would win no matter what! Watch me laugh/watch me roll/watch me prosecute that ho.

    Or:
    Guilty/Mr Hiltree/he killed her/with that cow-milker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since when does "ho" rhyme with "roll"? I think you're losing your touch...

    ReplyDelete
  10. If they say it in Solja Boy I think I can get away with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do they really?! Oh, Souljaboy! Why are you famous? Then again, Ang, I have much higher expectations for you than I do for Souljaboy!

    I rule in favor of the prosecution!

    ReplyDelete