Monday, February 8, 2010

Don't you forget about me

Well, this isn't much, I'm a little swamped at the moment--I don't even have the time to read a non-school-related book, so you know--but, we did have to read The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe for one of my classes. So, I probably wrote about this in my seven book review whammy, but I can't remember and I'm not willing to check. The 'this' is that scene in the book when the fox, some fauns, and a family of squirrels are celebrating after Father Christmas visited them and the curse is breaking and the Witch comes upon them. The Witch's temper breaks, and she turns this whole party of rejoicers into stone. Now, because Marky Mark is the ultimate oracle for wisdom, I asked him what he thought about this scene: as you know, Aslan turns all the statues in the Witch's courtyard and castle back to living beings. However, the party goers are nowhere near her castle and they never mention them again. Marky Mark paused and goes, "I've always wondered about that too! I hope he saves them. I hope so." It was adorable! (So I guess Marky Mark does have a heart, then.) Anyway, many years ago, Santa brought me the BBC version of the books. You know, the TV miniseries. I was so disappointed I never watched any of them but the first, but that's beside the point. I happened to be looking at the little booklet that came with it, and it had ten "little known facts about Narnia". Apparently, a little girl asked CS Lewis that back in the day: His response was something along the lines of that he thought people would take it for granted that Aslan saved the party goers, but he realized that he should have mentioned it. A later fact is that a few days before he died, he decided he'd go back through the books and rewrite and inconsistencies and such. Well.

Ehmmm what else. I'm rereading On the Road for Robby D and I'm reading the first Lord of the Rings book for my other class with Marky Mark (which is right after my creative writing class with him, which means it's like one big huge class block of awesome). So yup. Oh, and to prove my ultimate dorkiness? Marky Mark was asking me questions about the Narnia series in class. You know. Not to brag or anything, but I know my way around the inside of a wardrobe...


Oh hey, guess what else! You get political commentary from yours truly! And my commentary is this... I'm okay with Palin becoming president, even though I think she's an airheaded fool and two-faced and I disagree with her on most of her views--yes, I'd be okay with her becoming president... if she can defeat Mel Gibson in the Thunderdome.

6 comments:

  1. I am humbled in the face of your superior Narnia knowledge. But, though you may know your way around a wardrobe (By the way, how dirty does that sound?!), but I have far more pictures with lamp posts! So there!

    And, awwwww, Marky Mark!

    Hey, don't forget about me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask Jenna what that class was like. I was like the great oracle of Dork. Ohhh yeah, well I have two lampposts in my yard! So there : P

    It was soooo cute. I wanted to give him cookies or something. It'll be okay!

    Hast thou updated!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I love that! Oracle of Dork! Oh YEAH?!?! Well, my campus is like a lamppost emporium! SO THERE!!! :P

    Mmmm...cookies.

    No, not yet. I wrote the beginnings of a post, so it'll be coming to a computer screen near you soon. But I meant in general, don't forget about me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curses! Foiled again! Welllll... I have a wardrobe in my basement. (Speaking of, I haven't checked it in a while...)

    I would never! Actually, I was just going to text you what I forgot to yesterday--we spent ten minutes of Marky Mark's class debating which teachers he'd be able to beat in a knife fight and which he could not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, well I had a conversation about satyrs and centaurs and fauns today at lunch! That's right, be jealous! And you should probably check up on that...

    Hahaha, wow, I can't believe he was so comfortable talking about his gangsta past like that! Way to go, Marky Mark.

    And good. I don't want to be forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true, you were a great oracle of dork. XD

    ReplyDelete